Forensic Science / Crime Labs
If your specialty calls for images, PAXcam and PAX-it can help you! PAXcam produces high res images from your microscope or macrostand, and PAX-it will archive the images in case management folders along with other relevant materials — reports, presentations, data. PAX-it is a secure and searchable image database that is easy to navigate and share.
for PAXcam forensic science & crime lab images
PAX-it! Image Archive and Image Management
- PAXcam can be used in the departmental labs for capturing images from microscopes and macrostands
- QuickSave wizard for easy input, including automatic placement of images into designated case folder.
- Crime scene images, forensic lab images, trace evidence images, firearms/ballistics images, document images, DNA images can all be stored in secure case folders on a shared network server.
- Digital images may be annotated, adjusted, placed side by side for comparisons, placed into reports and presentations, and archived in a database with other case data.
- Extended Security module locks down all images and allows authentication of images, lab reports, and data.
- It is easy to retrieve your images from long-term archive to local workstation.
- Network client sharing throughout your crime lab allows input/output to common database.
- Reports & Presentations: Present your forensic images through easy links to MS-Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook.
PAX-it! Options for additional functions
- PAXcam USB 2.0 digital camera is available for crime lab microscopes or macrostands, with a live preview and easy to use capture interface. Capture color digital images, time lapse, and video clips directly into the PAX-it archive from the forensic lab bench or microscope. PAX-it also supports image capture from a variety of standard video and digital cameras, scanners, and devices.
- Measurement & Analysis: Calibrated measurements from crime scene or forensic images include linear, area and angle measurements, and image analysis software for auto detection of objects, counting, sizing, area fractions, etc. Easy to use reporting function includes report generation in MS-Excel for application of formulas, graphing of data, conditional formatting, and more.
- Conversion from QuickSolve® database: Users of Kodak QuickSolve® can easily convert their current database into PAX-it format and pull all the assets and data into the PAX-it archive. Update your crime lab management tools!
- Extended Security: Lock down your image database with advanced control of user permissions, tracking of database activity, and electronic signatures to authenticate images and data.
PAX-it software is what you need to acquire, archive, secure and communicate with digital images, for improved forensic lab management.